If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been making some vegan eats recently. In February, I’m trying to eat a full plant-based and whole foods diet, so I thought that I would try to make the most delicious desert on this planet: ice cream.
Here’s what you need:
- 3-5 bananas
- Almond milk
- Fruits (for flavour)
It’s actually that simple.
- Freeze your bananas. You can keep them in the freezer for a few hours, but I find that freezing them overnight gives your ice cream the perfect consistency. I also like to slice up the bananas before I leave them in the freezer, so it’s easy (and speedy) for the food processor to break them down. If you’re just making a batch for yourself, you want to go with a minimum of three bananas. If you’re sharing with a friend, five to six bananas are the perfect amount!
- Once you take your bananas out of the freezer, let them de-thaw for 15 minutes.
- Throw those banana slices into your food processor and add a splash of almond milk.
- Add your fruit in for taste! It’s crazy, but the bananas take on the taste of anything/ everything you mix in with them. I added raspberries and peanut butter into mine and it was delicious.
- Blend, blend, and blend it all together in a food processor. If you find that the consistency is lumpy, add a little more almond milk into the mixture.
- Top with whatever your heart desires. I threw some toasted coconut flakes, a blackberry and a few more raspberries on the top of mine, but you can really top your ice cream with anything!
After trying this out once, I was already hooked. Can you die from a vegan ice cream overdose? Cause that’s definitely what will happen to me. Try your hand at making some vegan deliciousness and let me know what you think!