I’ve seen these sort of lists floating around the YouTube world and really loved the idea of curating a collection of 30 things I want to accomplish before I’m 30.
Ever since I paid off my student debt, I’ve found that I’ve been a little lost when it came to making goals. I mean, paying it off was my sort of life goal, and I had accomplished that in three years. I also don’t love the idea of New Years resolutions, since I think you can strive to be better all-year-round. Furthermore, anyone can have a bucket list – but I feel like there isn’t much of a timeline on accomplishing those things. You just have the rest of your life to see if you succeeded in crossing those items off. Since I’m one of those crazy people that actually likes the idea of a timeline to accomplish certain things, I thought I would create my own list.
Here’s the 30 things I want to do before I turn 30:
- Not to let my emotions cloud my judgements
- This is the top thing on my list because I definitely think it’s the most important for myself. I often let my emotions get the best of me and I just need to work on not letting them rule my life.
- Spend more time with friends
- Practise gratefulness
- Complete One Line a Day journal
- I bought a journal designated for collecting one line every day, for the next 5 years. I don’t only write about memories, sometimes I write about quotes or random thoughts that I just want to get on the page.
- Become a plant mom
- All of my friends are growing up and I just want to be able to take care of some plants. I’m okay with that.
- Convert to a more plant-based diet
- If I can’t fully transition into being vegan in 5 years, I at least want to have a 90% plant-based diet.
- Learn how to cook new food
- Try not to swear as much
- Not have as many material things
- I feel like I’ve actually collected so many things over the years…and let’s be real – I definitely don’t need all of them. I need to part ways with items that I don’t use anymore and start collecting memories.
- Save 40 K
- If I was able to pay off all of my student debt in 3 years, why can’t I save as much in 5? This may prove to be difficult, but you’re supposed to keep your sights high, right?
- Make more money blogging
- Who doesn’t want to make more on their side-hustle?!
- Curb my spending habits
- I definitely spend money unnecessarily at times, so I need to better my relationship with money.
- Donate a significant amount of money to a charity
- If I can spend my money on frivolous items, I can definitely donate it to people who need it a lot more than I do.
- Learn Mandarin
- I know basic Mandarin from when I lived in Taiwan, but I would love to learn a whole lot more!
- Learn more Adobe software
- I’ve taught myself how to use Lightroom and Premiere Pro, so I can definitely teach myself more programs.
- Learn something new every year
- Like origami. Or how to read in the tub without getting my books wet. Fun things.
- Learn how to use a DSLR
- Right now I have a mirrorless camera and I feel a little bit lost when I have a DSLR in my hands. I’d just like to be more comfortable using different cameras.
- Learn more about wine
- Just cause – it would be great for dinner parties (and as an overall party trick in general).
- Learn how to hand-roll sushi
- Yup, I just want to know how to do it.
- Visit Taiwan again
- I haven’t been back since I used to teach there and I would love to travel Taiwan again. I have so many fond memories there.
- Go to the Philippines
- I’m half Filipino, so I feel like I should probably visit the homeland at least once in my life.
- Go to the Netherlands
- I’m also half Dutch, so this one has the same reasoning as the above!
- Go to New York
- I’ve actually never been as an adult… and it’s so close to Toronto, so I feel like I should.
- Travel through Europe on the train
- Pretty self-explanatory if you ask me.
- Visit Japan
- Travelling through Japan has always been a dream of mine.
- Go to more concerts
- I don’t really spend money on going to concerts anymore, but I love live music. If I could afford to go to Coachella one day, that would be great too.
- Camp in a national park
- I’m not super outdoorsy, but I’d like to at least try not to hate the outdoors.
- Trek through a rainforest
- I think it would be pretty badass just to say it.
- Go outside my comfort zone more
- Something I always strive to do.
. . .
I’m only 25 right now, so I think I can definitely do all of these things before I’m 30! And who knows, maybe every 5 years, I can set more goals for myself. But, let’s wait till I get all of these things done first…
What’s something you would put on your 30 before 30 list?! Let me know in the comments below!